Sat, Sep 28|
MJ's Event Space
Part 2: Men's Healing & Relationship Workshop Series with Nana Kwabena
Join Nana Kwabena Brown on a Healing Journey...
Time & Location
Sep 28, 2019, 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
MJ's Event Space, 507 Alabama Ave SE, Washington, DC 20032, USA
About the event
In-person Group Session
September Men's Healing Workshop will cover:
- Healing issues and who do we go to? Who can we go to? (What skills, competencies, techniques, and rituals should be known?)
- How far back do issues go?
- Our relationship with ourselves: loving ourselves and “the man in the mirror exercise”
- Our relationship and responsibilities as men with our birth family, our significant other, our children, to other men and our community.
- Why are rites of passage and men’s societies important for us today? What do they teach and what do/can they produce
- African proverbs and symbols as guides for growth development and emerging manhood.
- What next for us men here in America and where can/do we go from here? How can we influence and assist youth and younger men and youth?
Attend this exceptional introductory workshop of this healing series for men of all ages. We will define, share, discuss, and learn about ourselves as men through the various phases and roles of life. Participants will be guided into greater clarity and understanding on maleness and manhood. You will gain the knowledge, tools, and skills needed to move fully into your personhood and roles as men.